<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Anthem

Mike Hardy of Enemy of the Church? fame replied to my question down below about the song "Anthem" and the hope that it was not the RUSH song by the same name. He put my fears to rest, sorta.

We are called, we are chosen, we are Christ for one another, we are promised to tomorrow while we are for him today.

We are sign we are wonder we are sower we are seed we are harvest we are hunger we are question we are creed...

The verses aren't quite so "we" centered but the whole song is like this, filled with uplifting imagery but, as a whole, making little sense and virtually impossible to tie to the them of any liturgy I've prepared.


I see your point Mike, and though I've actually sung this in Church, reading it outside of church really made me notice "Hey gee, that's a lot about us (we), and not a lot about Christ." Guess I'll never look at this song the same way again. You guys have destroyed my innocence! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?