<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 12, 2002

Happy Mother's Day

To all the mothers who may read this blog (don't know if any do but that wouldn't stop me for praying for them anyways), this prayer is for you. I tried to find a prayer for Mothers on Mother's Day, but my searches proved futile. Therefore I have taken a prayer for Health and Happiness from the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom and modified it slightly. May St. John Chrysostom forgive me if I do not do it justice.

Prayer for Mothers

For all mothers, grant, O Lord, many years.

For all mothers-to-be, grant, O Lord, many years.

For all grandmothers, grant, O Lord, many years.

For all matriarchs, grant, O Lord, many years.

God grant them many years, God grant them many years, God grant them many happy years: in health and happiness, in health and happiness, God grant them many happy years.

Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?