<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 28, 2002

Sometimes this world simply amazes me...

After reading this article and I was simply floored. So, cross burning may be protected under freedom of speech eh? Oh, I dunno, to me it seems that if someone is willing to go to the lengths of building a cross, driving to my house, erecting the cross, dousing it with gasoline and then lighting it on fire... while trespassing the entire time, logic tells me that my life is in danger. And last time I checked, if someone intentionally places my life in danger that it's a crime... reckless endangerment at the very least perhaps?

Of couse, the article gets even more pathetic when it mentions how the ACLU (Anti-Christian Liberties Union) got involved...

The case drew national attention when the American Civil Liberties Union hired a black lawyer, David P. Baugh, to defend Black.


Barry Elton Black (nawww... that name doesn't conjure up images of the deep south) was arrested in Virginia for burning crosses at a Klan rally. I don't know, maybe it's just me... but having a black lawyer defend such a racist smacks of sensationalism and would be, I imagine, degrading for the lawyer. Then again, who knows... people do stupid things in the world.... like burning crosses on lawns.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?