<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Stephen J. Gould, dead at 60

Today Stephen J. Gould, one of the "saints" of atheism, died after losing battle with cancer.

Even though Dr. Gould was "one of them", my prayers extend for him and his family. Pray for an atheist? Well, why not? How do you or I know the final state of his mind? Do we know that there was not a last, split second conversion process? Is it possible that Dr. Gould's atheistic obstinancy won out over God's gracious and bountiful mercy? I suppose with free-will being what it is, this is a distinct possibility, but I know that God's love is strong, stronger than anything you or I can ever imagine, can ever fathom, and so there is the possibility that Stephen, in his last breath spoke the words, "Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit."

Lord, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord, I believe, help my unbelief.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?