<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 27, 2002

Can you say "militant atheist"?

I certainly can, especially after I read the following interview from the guy who filed the lawsuit that got the words "under God" yanked from the Pledge of Allegiance.


Neville: At what point did your daughter come home to you and say she was ostracized for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance?

Newdow: My daughter is in the lawsuit because you need that for standing. I brought this case because I am an atheist and this offends me, and I have the right to bring up my daughter without God being imposed into her life by her schoolteachers. So she did not come and say she was ostracized.


And the gem...

The framers were quite wise in recognizing what religion can do and how it can cause hatred and how it can cause death.


My opinion? What an ass. This fool (he's a lawyer and a doctor?) has never heard of Stalin or Pol Pot or Mao Tse Tung? Give me a break. More people have died under communist rule (which imposes a strict atheism for the Masses, and when it allows religious worship it does so under a very tight noose) than all the Crusades, Inquisitions and witch burnings combined.

For the facts, check out the following article at Stand to Reason dot Org.

Pathetic... truly pathetic. This guy used his daughter as a pawn to advance his own personal agenda. Now THAT is true love for you. NOT!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?