<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 27, 2002

Grass Roots Movement?

I know a lot of people bought flags in the days immediately following September 11, 2001. How do I know? The local Wal-Mart was sold out of flags for weeks afterwards, and we couldn't buy one anywhere. My wife and I actually flew the flag she received at her Girl Scout Gold Award ceremony (a flag flown atop the Capitol) until we could purchase a new one.

My question is... how many people are still flying those flags that they purchased after 9/11/01? On my block, I count only one family flying the American flag in front of their house each and every day (weather permitting)... my wife and I. No one else.

Gee, that patriotism sure lasted long, eh?

Well, this threat to the Pledge of Allegiance is an attack on this great nation, but now it is an attack from within. Just like we rallied around our country immediately following the attacks of 9/11, and flew the flag as a sign of that support, I suggest that we fly those flags again in support of our Pledge of Allegiance. Fly those flags day in and day out, and let your voice be heard. Contact every law-maker you can and tell him or her how tragic you think the decision handed down by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals was.

Do it... now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?