<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 02, 2002

Liturgical Dance?

Ok, it seems to have been a "hot topic" of discussion lately and one that I thought particularly amusing (at least in how it was described) can be found over at Oremus - Adventures in Orthodoxy. Alas, I must say that I have never experienced such a beast. I've traveled a small bit, but most of the masses I have attended have either been in the Diocese of Brooklyn, the Archdiocese of New York or the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City. I have never seen a liturgical dance in any Masses held in these three (arch)dioceses, nor have I seen a dance when I have been to mass outside of them either.

Am I just lucky? Are they really that common place? Or is it that when people experience one, the nightmare is hard to forget?

Personally, if I experienced one I don't know what I would do. If I was a visitor, I'd probably just get up and leave. If it happened in my parish, chances are I'd know about it beforehand since I am on both my parishes parish council and liturgy committee, and I'd do my best to prevent it from happening. However, if it did manage to slip in, and I pray to God that it does not, I imagine I'd do my best Jonah in Nineveh impersonation right there on the spot.

Hey, if anyone is going to do any performance art in Church, surely I can too right?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?