<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Random musing...

I like to consider myself a history buff, it was always my best subject in grade school and high school. Unfortunately, for me anyways, I never saw much of a career in history so I went into the life sciences for my degrees in college. So far that decision has paid off well, though with the length of time it's taking me to get my doctorate, I might need to rethink it all (no turning back now son!). Anyways, one of my favorite speeches came from Winston Churchill. It's the famous "We shall never surrender!" speech and was delivered on June 4, 1940 to the House of Commons. The part that strikes me the most is the following excerpt...

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Given the depths to which we have sunk into the Culture of Death today, could we liberate anyone from anything?



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?