<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 14, 2003

Ecclesiastes 7:12
For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money; and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it.

I suppose I'm not very wise today. All week I've been hearing on the radio and on television about this wonderful sale going on at the State Fair. Supposedly they would be selling all sorts of electronic equipment at prices that were simply unbelievable. What caught my eye the most however were the Playstation2 games that would be on sale for $12.99. For those people who have a PS2, they know that this is 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of your usual game. I couldn't wait to get there and buy three or four games. What a bargain! Seemed to good to be true. So today, instead of going to lunch, I hopped into my car and drove down to the State Fairgrounds to get in line to get into this wonderful electronics sale. Like a hundred or so other people, I happily ponied up my dough (6 bucks) to just walk into the building.

First stall in the exhibit? The Playstation booth. I searched and searched the games but they all said $25 ( 2 for $45... what a deal! NOT! ). I wasn't the only one miffed as I overheard several people grousing about how they couldn't find these twelve dollar games. Finally, convinced this was a case of false advertising, I located a manager and told them the problem. They took me to the owner of the booth who then pointed me to this obscure table over in the far corner. On it sat two games, games that in stores sold for under 10 dollars, labeled $12.99.

Sheesh. I walked out in disgust.

A fool and his money are quickly parted. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I hope I never fall for something like this ever again. If it's too good to be true, chances are... it is.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?