<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

But... why?

I'm not going to argue the fact that there is hatred and bigotry aimed at gay people, because there is. However, it's a fact, and it needs to be confronted head on, not denied and ducked. I don't agree with many of the issues raised by homosexuals. I disagree that same-sex marriages should be allowed, I do not think homosexual acts should be condoned and considered normal. However, I respect the basic human rights of every person, be they of a different creed, color, religious persuasion or sexual preference. If someone is gay, the fact remains that they will, at some point in their life, need to stand up and defend themselves. Which is why I think the following is extremely counter-productive.

Or, am I mistaken? Is this similar (don't jump all over me, I'm just asking a question here) to what prompted the Catholic educational system in the United States of America?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?