<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 28, 2003

Just in case anyone has forgotten (including myself)... Abortion Is Murder

A while back, someone misinformed me of the "fact" that the Catholic Church has never declared that abortion is murder. They explained that the Catholic Church has never done so because of the lack of theological evidence that would explain at what point the soul enters into that new life.

I was naieve, I bought this story hook, line and sinker.

It's wrong though, very wrong. Called onto the carpet this weekend by some knowledgable Catholics and Orthodox after reciting this piece of drivel, I found out the truth. Too bad I had not tried to figure this out when I first heard it. Ironically enough, I was told this after I had commented that abortion was murder. Guess this just shows that you should always stick with your first answer, eh?

Anyways, now for the proof.

Furthermore, whatever is opposed to life itself, such as any type of murder, genocide, abortion, euthanasia or wilful self-destruction, whatever violates the integrity of the human person, such as mutilation, torments inflicted on body or mind, attempts to coerce the will itself; whatever insults human dignity, such as subhuman living conditions, arbitrary imprisonment, deportation, slavery, prostitution, the selling of women and children; as well as disgraceful working conditions, where men are treated as mere tools for profit, rather than as free and responsible persons; all these things and others of their like are infamies indeed. They poison human society, but they do more harm to those who practice them than those who suffer from the injury. Moreover, they are supreme dishonor to the Creator. (Gaudium et Spes, 27)


And...

The moral gravity of procured abortion is apparent in all its truth if we recognize that we are dealing with murder and, in particular, when we consider the specific elements involved...


And I quote once again, for emphasis... "[I]f we recognize that we are dealing with murder..."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?