<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 14, 2003

I've been adopted...

... well, if my parents find out about this they won't be happy, but they really don't have to worry because it's not really a legal adoption. I've been adopted by a cat. Yep, for those of you who know that I'm a dog lover (and have seen me debate the superiority of the canine species over the feline species [I need to close that debate up, don't I?]) you'll be surprised to know that I even let a cat into my house.

So how did it happen? Well, I was coming home from the grocery store last night and had pulled up into my parking spot. Groceries in hand, I was exiting my car when I feel something brush up against my leg. Not knowing what it was, I proceed to look down and come face to face with a white ball of fur looking back at me.

I didn't expect that.

I jumped backwards.

The ball of fur continued to sit there and stare at me.

Well, I figured the little fellow had a home and was just a bit friendly, so I proceeded to walk to my door. He followed me. I unlocked the door, entered my house and closed the door behind me.

After putting my groceries away, my curiousity got the best of me and I made my way back to the front door to see if the little fella was still there. I opened the door and there he was, sitting there in front of my glass storm door, peering in at me. I opened the storm door and he nonchalantly made his way inside, peering at my furniture and occassionally turning to me and meow-ing.

Being the Franciscan-at-heart that I am, I made my way to Wal-Mart and bought some cat food for the little guy. Upon returning, I inspected him a bit more thoroughly. He's been declawed (front paws only) and he has some cuts on his ears and his face. Given that, and by the way he ate, I'm thinking he's been outside for a few days without food and shelter. He had a flea collar on, so I'm thinking he has an owner, somewhere, but driving around a bit last night and this morning before work didn't turn up any leads as to who the owner may be. At any rate, I picked up a litter box and some kitty litter (which I was impressed to seehim use) and I suppose I'll keep him until I can either find him a home or his owner. Now the question is... what should I name him in the meantime?

Oh, and how do I introduce him to Boomer?

THAT should be fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?